Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nice little cajun dish which is quick and easy to prepare.
Make and share this Crabmeat Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 slices dry toast, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and celery in margarine for 10 minutes.
- In mixing. bowl, add crumbled toast, milk and egg.
- Mix well and add crab meat.
- Add mixture to sauteed vegetables and mix well on low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and green onions and dot with margarine.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
Great recipe! Easy to make and very tasty. I used fresh white bread crumbs instead of the other fillers. Stuffed jumbo mushrooms with this recipe. Made for your win Football Pool '11 week 12.
Made this dish for a Potluck. I used frozen Dungeness crabmeat and added chopped parsley. I also used 1 cup Panko instead of the toast. Everyone raved about it.