Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 8 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained,flaked
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 16 sprigs parsley (optional)
- Place eggs in medium saucepan; cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer about 15 minutes.
- Immediately drain; run cold water over eggs to stop cooking.
- Peel eggs; cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop yolks from 4 eggs into medium bowl.
- Remove remaining yolks; reserve for another use.
- Add crabmeat, mayonnaise, dry mustard and ground red pepper to yolks in bowl; mix and mash with fork until well blended.
- Mound yolk mixture into center of each cooked egg white.
- Garnish each with parsley sprig (if desired) Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
These were very good. I used tabasco sauce instead of cayenne (didn't want them to be too spicy); otherwise I followed the recipe closely. It's a simple recipe, and also quick if you buy already-boiled eggs. Thanks for the nice variation on deviled eggs!