Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
In 'Frank Stitt's Southern Table'
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat, picked free of shells and cartilage
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chives
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chervil or 1 teaspoon parsley
- kosher salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- baguette, four 1/2 inch slices, crusts removed
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine the crabmeat, lemon zest and juice, lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, chives, chervil, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stir gently to combine, being careful not to break up the lumps of crabmeat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Brush the bread with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven until just firm but not at all colored, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon a generous mound of the crab onto each toast and garnish with a sprig of chervil.