In 'Frank Stitt's Southern Table'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb lump crabmeat, picked free of shells and cartilage
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chives
- 1 teaspoon finely minced chervil or 1 teaspoon parsley
- kosher salt
- fresh ground white pepper
- baguette, four 1/2 inch slices, crusts removed
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Combine the crabmeat, lemon zest and juice, lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, chives, chervil, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 3Stir gently to combine, being careful not to break up the lumps of crabmeat.
- 4Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 5Brush the bread with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and place the slices on a baking sheet.
- 6Toast in the oven until just firm but not at all colored, about 3 minutes.
- 7Spoon a generous mound of the crab onto each toast and garnish with a sprig of chervil.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Crostini
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 214.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of