Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
Fabulously delicious! Adapted from an Emeril recipe and submitted by Nancy Brokaw for An Afternoon In New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces creole cream cheese (or 3 tablespoons each plain yogurt and sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- salt and white pepper
- hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ounce hot sauce
- 3 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Using the first five ingredients (pecans to ice water) prepare the pecan crust: Grind the pecans, flour and salt in a food processor until fine. Transfer to a bowl. Add the butter. Work the butter into the flour until you have crumbs about the size of a pea. Toss in the ice water, lifting up the dough with your fingers to incorporate evenly. The dough will remain crumbly. Roll out dough and cut into circles. Bake the crust in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool before filling. Meanwhile, make the filling --
- 2Using the next 7 ingredients (onion to hot sauce) prepare the filling: Cook the onion in a bit of butter over medium heat until translucent. Add the crabmeat and cook just until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or by hand using a wooden spoon), blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add the Creole cream cheese and then the eggs one at a time. Fold in the crabmeat mixture. Season to taste with salt, white pepper and hot sauce.
- 4Pour the mix into the prepared silicon tart pans. Bake at 300°F for about 30 minutes until set and firm to the touch. Once out of the oven place crust circle on top and let it sit for 5 minutes. Remove hors d'ouevres and place on a serving dish.
- 5Using the last 8 ingredients (shallots to salt and pepper) prepare the garnish topping: Sauté shallots until translucent. Add the mushrooms and sweat until just cooked through. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, and reduce by 3/4. Add the heavy cream and reduce by half. Whisk in the butter.
- 6In a separate sauté pan, add extra crab. Salt and pepper to taste, then pour the reduction over and keep warm.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Cheesecake Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.5
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 535.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g