- 12 slices homemade-type white bread, crusts discarded and bread cut into triangles
- 1 cup fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon red hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toast bread on a baking sheet in oven until golden, about 5 minutes. In a bowl stir together remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste. Toasts and crab-meat mixture may be made 1 day in advance.
- Reduce oven to 375°F Spread crab-meat mixture on toasts and arrange on baking sheet. Canapés may be assembled 30 minutes in advance. Bake canapés in middle of oven until puffed, about 10 minutes.