Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a lovely appetizer or casserole. Wonderful for parties and will always impress your guests!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup red sweet bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 -8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 lbs crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium skillet melt butter and sauté the onions, pepper and parsley for about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour all at once and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the softened cream cheese.
- Stir until combined.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sherry.
- Place the crabmeat in a large greased ovenproof casserole dish and pour the milk mixture over it.
- Fold gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with parmesan, cayenne, and paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with crackers, toast, or as a casserole.