Recipe by Alskann
I got this recipe from a friend in my recipe club. It was such a hit with my family that I served it for company with rave reviews. My usually finicky son could not get enough of it. Everyone wanted the recipe and there were no leftovers.
Top Review by ccf913
This was very salty for some reason. Maybe I used salty clam juice or something. If I were to do it again, I'd not use Tony Cachere's but the ingredients in Tony Cachere's without that much (1 Tbsp) of salt. To make this more tolerable being that it was so salty, I mixed it in with some macaroni. Otherwise, a VERY good recipe!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's, amount can be adjusted to personal taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1 cup clam broth or 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in medium size saucepan; add onions, green onions and parsley.
- Sauté until onion is clear.
- Stir in garlic, crabmeat,Creole Seasoning (to taste), and hot sauce; reduce heat to low and continue cooking.
- In a separate saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp flour and lightly brown, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add stock and continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add ½ of cheddar cheese, stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into crab and carefully stir.
- Turn into greased casserole and top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot as a main course or with toasted French bread or crackers for a great hot appetizer.