1/3 Photos of Crabmeat Au Gratin
I got this recipe from a friend in my recipe club. It was such a hit with my family that I served it for company with rave reviews. My usually finicky son could not get enough of it. Everyone wanted the recipe and there were no leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's, amount can be adjusted to personal taste)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1 cup clam broth or 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup shredded medium cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt 4 Tbsp butter in medium size saucepan; add onions, green onions and parsley.
- 3Sauté until onion is clear.
- 4Stir in garlic, crabmeat,Creole Seasoning (to taste), and hot sauce; reduce heat to low and continue cooking.
- 5In a separate saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp flour and lightly brown, stirring occasionally.
- 6Slowly add stock and continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken.
- 7Add ½ of cheddar cheese, stir until melted.
- 8Pour mixture into crab and carefully stir.
- 9Turn into greased casserole and top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella.
- 10Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- 11Serve hot as a main course or with toasted French bread or crackers for a great hot appetizer.
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.6 mg
- Sodium 978.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.6 g