Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful crabdish for a dinner party. I usually cut it in half for my family. It is wonderful.
- Melt butter. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and pimiento and saute until soft.
- Stir in flour and blend well.
- Add hot half and half, stirring; cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add wine, salt, and cayenne.
- Spread crabmeat in buttered baking dish; spoon sauce over crabmeat and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
I really enjoyed this. I halved the recipe. I didn't add any salt and it was fine without it. I did add a little dried tarragon to the sauce and I used cheddar cheese instead of American. I think almost any cheese would work with this recipe. Enjoyed by all. Thanx for posting. I'll make it again.