Recipe by l0vetw0c00k
Another one of Thelma's creations. Our now deceased neighbor was the perfect hostess and the life of the party; also a real master at creating unique appetizers. This is one of her best.
Top Review by _Laurie Lee
I made these on christmas eve.I did not care for them.In my opinion,this called for too much miracle whip.Maybe it would be better with cream cheese.My family said these were okay...but they didn't eat very many of them.
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or 1 tablespoon other hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (8 count) packagepepperidge farm puff pastry shells, baked according to package directions and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together and fill baked and cooled puff pastry shells.
- Heat in 350 degree oven until cheese melts and heated through.
- Serve warm.
- Note: 1 recipe fills 8 shells.
- For a cocktail party, order 5 dozen puff pastry shells from the bakery, each 1 1/2" to 2" in diameter.
- Double above recipe to fill 5 dozen small appetizer servings.