Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 4 ears corn
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter.
- Add flour and stir gently. Do not let roux darken.
- Add milk, stirring until it begins to simmer.
- Add heavy cream and evaporated milk.
- Add corn and green onion. Cook 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add crab meat, pepper, salt and soy sauce and simmer until hot. Do not allow to boil.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Delicious! I used 2 cups frozen peaches and cream corn and it turned out yummy! Made for PAC Fall 09