1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I have searched for an easier recipe for this but to no avail. This is a little labor intensive but oh so good! Don't let it put you off and try it, at least once. From the foodnetwork.com courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2003.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces brie cheese, trimmed of rind
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells and cartilage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- French bread or croutons or focaccia bread, croutons and bite-size pieces or assorted fresh vegetable, bite-size pieces
Tomato Confit use 2 to 3 Tbls
- 1Tomato Confit:.
- 2Place tomatoes in a small saucepan and season with the salt.
- 3Add rosemary sprig and garlic and enough olive oil to barley cover the top of tomatoes.
- 4Bring oil to a very low simmer and cook for about 1 hour.
- 5Remove tomatoes from the oil with a slotted spoon and place in food processor or blender.
- 6Process until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Yield about 1/2 cup.
- 8Place a skillet over medium heat.
- 9Add the butter to the pan.
- 10Once the butter is melted, add the shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 1 miute.
- 11Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- 12Once the cream is hot and bubbling, add the Brie and use a whisk to stir into the cream.
- 13Season the cream with the salt and pepper and add crabmeat to the pan; use a wooden spoon and stir in slowly.
- 14Continue to cook the fondue over medium heat until the cream is slightly reduced, about 3-5 minutes.
- 15Remove from the heat and stir into the fondue.
- 16Transfer fondue to a fondue pot and spoon Tomato Confit into the fondue.
- 17Serve warm with bread and/or fresh assorted vegetables.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabmeat and Brie Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.2
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.7 g
- Cholesterol 336.3 mg
- Sodium 1488.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 40.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: