Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Masson's Restaurant, gone many years now. They topped it with Hollandaise, but it is good without. Rich, but worth the calories.
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 artichoke bottoms (I use canned for convenience)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 lb crabmeat, lump carefully checked for shells
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (1/2 bunch)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch thyme
- Saute scallions, cayenne, thyme and bay leaves in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add wine and crabmeat, saute lightly two minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Fold in egg and bread crumbs.
- Allow mixture to cool so you can handle it.
- Roll crab mixture into 6 balls and on place on top of artichoke bottoms.
- Top with grated cheese and bake at 350oF for 10 minutes. Serve.