Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this while looking for healthier recipes. You can make it vegan by using soy cheese. The article says you won't miss the crab, but my question is why refer to crab cakes at all! Haven't made them yet so I look forward to hearing from anyone who does. Prep and cook times are complete guesses.
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup soy cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine zucchini, bread crumbs, cheese, onion, egg, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 6 cakes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cakes and cook 7 to 10 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden and cooked through.