- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs fresh crabmeat
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped red chilies (hot ones to be authentic)
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs until light then stir in the crab meat, onions, tomatoes, garlic, chilies, half the breadcrumbs and season with the salt and pepper. Spoon into 6 washed crab shells (or 6 small gratin dishes) and sprinkle evenly with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 355F and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the egg mixture has set. Serve hot with rice and hot pepper sauce.