Recipe by Ben Ross
A bit of a play on words the rice isn't in a bad mood but it certainly is nice. A very simple easy to make dish.
- 200 g canned crabmeat
- 1 onion
- 6 shallots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the salt and the rice.
- Boil rapidly for 15 minutes.
- Spread rice evenly over a shallow tray and refrigerate until cold.
- Peel and grate the onion.
- Drain and flake the crab meat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onions until they are nice and soft.
- Beat eggs pour into pan on top of the onion.
- Stir lightly and cook until set.
- Remove from pan and cut the omelete into strips.
- Now in the wok add the chilled rice, shallots and crab.
- Heat it all up until it is a nice temperature to eat.
- Add the cut up egg omlete and stir through the rice.