Recipe by ciquento
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I love crab cakes and potato pancakes and this recipe is a great combo of both loves. I wasn't sure if I should make a suace but while my husband was scarfing down his third crabby potato cake he said their good just like this. I would fry the cakes in small batches so they don't burn. May serve with fresh lime wedges.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups white crab meat, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a large bowl; mixing well. Form into 10 crabby potato cakes. Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet. Cook cakes 3 minutes on one side and after flipping carefully cook another 2 minutes. Drain cakes on plate lined with paper towel and keep warm until all cakes are cooked.