Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
My DH named these...copycat of Yello Sub's Califonia Crab in Lawrence, Kansas.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (may use light or fat-free)
- 20 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat just until spreadable.
- Split hoagie rolls and spread generous coating of cream cheese on top and bottom of each roll.
- Rough chop krab and cover bottom half of each roll.
- Top each mound of krab with one slice of cheese, torn in half (in order to cover the most amount of krab).
- If desired, add jalapenos now.
- Place on baking sheet sandwiches open faced and broil until bread and cheese are browned.
- Serve immediately.
Great idea for a sub...however I found the combination of ingredients really bland. The only flavor that seemed to stick out were the jalapenos. I'd add additional seasoning and ingredients next time ie; dill,salt, pepper, lettuce, tomato.
We thought we were on our way to Bikini Bottom to have dinner with SpongeBob but, alas, no such luck! LOL. Nice, fast dinner. DH really enjoyed it, especially with the jalapeno peppers. I had never had mock crab before and gave it a try but found it isn't my taste. This was made for the Spring 2007 Pick A Chef event.