Recipe by MrsKnox2016
My DH named these...copycat of Yello Sub's Califonia Crab in Lawrence, Kansas.
Top Review by Chef Howie5
Great idea for a sub...however I found the combination of ingredients really bland. The only flavor that seemed to stick out were the jalapenos. I'd add additional seasoning and ingredients next time ie; dill,salt, pepper, lettuce, tomato.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (may use light or fat-free)
- 20 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 slices swiss cheese or 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat just until spreadable.
- Split hoagie rolls and spread generous coating of cream cheese on top and bottom of each roll.
- Rough chop krab and cover bottom half of each roll.
- Top each mound of krab with one slice of cheese, torn in half (in order to cover the most amount of krab).
- If desired, add jalapenos now.
- Place on baking sheet sandwiches open faced and broil until bread and cheese are browned.
- Serve immediately.