Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A nice appy for a surf and turf dinner.
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced and divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, see note
- 1⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs, Italian Style
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 12 oysters, shucked reserving 12 shells
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 T chives, the mayo, sour cream, salt and white pepper, bacon, and wine; whisk well.
- Add the crabmeat incorporating gently.
- In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs and butter.
- Arrange oysters in shell on a broiler pan.
- Spoon 1 T of the crab mixture over each oyster.
- Sprinkle 1 t bread crumb mixture over crab mixture.
- Broil for 7 minutes on bottom rack of oven (or bread crumbs will burn) or until done, no more than 9 minutes.
- Place 3 oysters on a plate, sprinkle with remaining chives and serve with lemon wedges.
- Note-you may use imitation crab.