Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 24 mushroom caps (not too large)
- 1 ounce butter, softened
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 6 1⁄2 ounces canned crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pinch paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Remove the mushroom stalks and chop finely; set aside.
- Place the caps on a baking tray.
- Combine butter, onion, crab, lemon juice, chilli powder and freshly ground pepper, to taste in a bowl.
- Mix in the mushroom stalks, sour cream and parmesan.
- Spoon even amounts into the caps and sprinkle with the combined cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until the cheddar has melted and the mushrooms heated through.
- Serve warm.
Outstanding!! Made this last night as part of our pre-Fourth of July continuous party. Loved the cheesiness. Without question, the hit of the night. My family and guests have requested that I make them again for our actual Fourth of July party. Thank you for a wonderful recipe :)
What a great recipe! I made for a gathering with friends and everyone asked what the great smell in the kitchen was from. When I opened the oven to show them, they wanted them out of the oven NOW! I served them saying, bet you can't eat just one :) and I was right. The pan was empty in no time at all. The guys loved them as much as we did. A big hit and this one is now in a special place to be remembered!
My family really liked these stuffed mushrooms, but I found them a little blah.Could be that I'm used to the cream cheese filled mushrooms.