Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a delicious recipe that I found at Cook's Country. You may never want to go back to your regular deviled eggs after you have tried these - just delicious!! Be sure to use brined horseradish instead of creamy, in this recipe.
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning, plus additional for sprinkling
- 8 ounces crabmeat, picked over for shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring eggs and enough water to cover by 1-inch to boil in large saucepan over high heat. Remove pan from heat. Cover, and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to large bowl, filled with ice-water. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise. Transfer yolks to large bowl, and set whites aside. Mash yolks, mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, salt and Old Bay with potato masher until smooth. Fold in crabmeat, then spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay. Serve (eggs can be refrigerated for 12 hours before serving).