Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
- 2 cups crabmeat, flaked and picked
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 strips lemons, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, optional
- 1⁄2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in crockpot; stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 3 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in sherry and crumbs to thicken.
This is a wonderful recipe....I've been making it for years from my Rival Crock Pot recipe book, vintage 1975!!! I guess good food never goes out of style! Sandy
I thought this was great and my husband also loved it. We made exactly as written, except for I added about 1/2 cup more crackers. After it was finished cooking, we served with french baguette bread for dipping. Delicious and very filling :) Thanks! We definitely will make again!
I enjoyed this but did find it a bit too rich for my taste. I used some Old Bay seasoning in it as well.