Recipe by rwwest
Here is a recipe I saved from Sundays food section, that I thought sounded good, that I'd like to share.
Top Review by GeorgiaRain14
Made these last night & my family loved them. Make sure you freeze them...they were kind of messy to patty out & wanted to fall apart when i went to cook them , but they are really good.
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour, more for dredging
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- to taste lemon wedge
- to taste salt and black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently combine crab, egg, mustard, salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons flour.
- Cover; and put in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 4 hamburger-shaped patties.
- Line plate with plastic wrap, and put crab cakes on it. Cover with more plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes (or as long as 1 day), or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Put flour for dredging in a bowl.
- Combine oil and butter in 12-inch skillet, and turn heat to medium.
- When butter melts and its foam subsides, gently dredge a crab cake in flour.
- Gently tap off excess flour; and add crab cake to pan; repeat with remaining crab cakes, and then turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook, rotating cakes in pan as necessary to brown first side, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Turn and brown other side (it will take slightly less time). Serve hot, with lemon wedges.