Recipe by T. Woolfe
I was brainstorming for yet another original way to use B&S Chicken breasts. Finally came up with this wild idea, Crab meat stuffing. The fact I had this small can of crab meat that needed using kinda contributed to the idea. I plotted for a while, came up with some interesting ideas but at the last moment decided to check the Zaar files. Ran the search engine 3 different ways to be sure and SONOFAGUN,, there was one. Crab Stuffed Chicken (aka Fancy Chicken) #37037 by MackinacBride. So I used it as a base and MUST credit it though I changed nearly everything. It was REALLY great. Give eather a try you'll likely love it.
- 2 large b&s chicken breasts
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 ounces crabmeat, about half a can.
- 1 teaspoon minced chives (I used dehydrated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon zatarains liquid crab boil concentrate, this stuff is realy powerful,watch it.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder, i used toasted.
- toothpick, to close.
- 2 tablespoons butter, there is a taste difference,so use it.
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour, to dust.
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, to coat.
Directions See How It's Made
- Start preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Let the cream cheese soften and mix in the Crab boil, Chives, Dehydrated onion, Check for Salt& Pepper.
- Fold in the Crab Meat.
- Carefully make a pocket in the Chicken breasts and stuff with the cheese- crab mix.
- Seal the edge with toothpicks.
- Heat the Butter in an oven safe skillet, medium heat, to the Brown Butter stage.
- Dust the breasts with Flour.
- Dip in the Egg.
- Coat them well with the Panko or Crumbs.
- Saute until lightly browned, around 5 min side one, turn and about4 min side 2.
- Pour out any excess butter, it's done its job.
- Jog to make sure the breasts are free in the skillet.
- Finish in the oven around 14 minute.
- The skillet is already hot so it speeds the process.
- Remove the toothpicks and prepare for a treat.
- Again I thank MackinacBride for the framework.