Recipe by DbKnadler
We made some Crab Rangoon for Christmas Eve appetizers and had some left over filling. This was born as a quick lunch. My husband loved it. I wrote the recipe as if I was starting fresh and not with leftover filling.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
These are simple and good. I added a big of cayenne for some zip. I was able to make it very light, using non-fat cream cheese. and light english muffins and reduced fat cheese. Thanks for posting!
- 6 ounces crab, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 8 English muffins, split
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the drained crab and cream cheese until well blended.
- Fork Split the english muffins and top each with a generous spread of crab mixture.
- Place 6-8 inches under the broiler and broil 3-5 minutes. Watch them closely to avoid burning.
- When starting to bubble and turn golden brown, remove them and top with cheddar cheese. Let sit a couple mins to allow cheddar to melt.
- Tips: You can add the cheddar cheese before broiling if you wish. Also you can pop them in the freezer before broiling for a great make ahead meal. These can be turned into great appetizers themselves by cutting each muffin half into forths before broiling.