Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
For my crabby boyfriend, adapted from several recipes to suit my preferences
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lemon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs (no cheese)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low fat fine)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- fresh parsley, to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup diced bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cooked sweet yellow and white corn
- 1 tablespoon butter, to sautee bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for dredging)
- Pam cooking spray (if you don't want to flour cakes)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging) (optional)
- Sauté the bell peppers in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Grate the lemon rind for 1 heaping teaspoon of zest.
- Mix zest, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, one tablespoon flour, sautéed peppers, breadcrumbs, and cooked corn in a large bowl.
- Gently (GENTLY!) fold in the crab meat.
- Mix well and shape into 3 inch wide patties.
- Wrap and refrigerate the patties for about an hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet with remaining butter and olive oil.
- Dip each crab cake very lightly in flour so that it is lightly coated all around.
- Tap off excess flour.
- Fry cakes on both sides until just browned.
- If you'd rather skip the extra flour, butter, and oil -- spray a skillet with Pam and fry un-dredged cakes until browned.
- Serve on a bed of garden greens garnished with lemon wedges, sprigs of fresh parsley, and some tartar sauce for dipping.
- Goes great with a big ol' salad with buttercream dressing and crumbled hard boiled egg!
Great looking recipe, can't wait to try it out. Check out my site dedicated to crab cakes, www.crabcakes.com Once I get a chance to try it I will post in on my site. Thanks -The Crab Cake Guy