Recipe by Carm'sLilCook
For my crabby boyfriend, adapted from several recipes to suit my preferences
Top Review by Crab Cake Guy
Great looking recipe, can't wait to try it out. Check out my site dedicated to crab cakes, www.crabcakes.com Once I get a chance to try it I will post in on my site. Thanks -The Crab Cake Guy
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lemon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs (no cheese)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (low fat fine)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- fresh parsley, to taste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄3 cup diced bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cooked sweet yellow and white corn
- 1 tablespoon butter, to sautee bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter (for dredging)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for dredging)
- Pam cooking spray (if you don't want to flour cakes)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour (for dredging) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the bell peppers in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Grate the lemon rind for 1 heaping teaspoon of zest.
- Mix zest, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mayo, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, one tablespoon flour, sautéed peppers, breadcrumbs, and cooked corn in a large bowl.
- Gently (GENTLY!) fold in the crab meat.
- Mix well and shape into 3 inch wide patties.
- Wrap and refrigerate the patties for about an hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet with remaining butter and olive oil.
- Dip each crab cake very lightly in flour so that it is lightly coated all around.
- Tap off excess flour.
- Fry cakes on both sides until just browned.
- If you'd rather skip the extra flour, butter, and oil -- spray a skillet with Pam and fry un-dredged cakes until browned.
- Serve on a bed of garden greens garnished with lemon wedges, sprigs of fresh parsley, and some tartar sauce for dipping.
- Goes great with a big ol' salad with buttercream dressing and crumbled hard boiled egg!