Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. This isn't the best crab dip ever (the ones with a cup of mayo and a cup of cheese get that award), but it is pretty darn tasty and reasonably healthy to boot. It is also easy to throw together.
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese (AKA light cream cheese or neufchatel cheese)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- Make "yoghurt cheese" by spreading yogurt onto several layers of paper towels to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with more paper towels. Let stand and replace paper towels once they are saturated.
- Meanwhile combine cream cheese and next 8 ingredients (cream cheese through hot sauce), stirring well with a whisk.
- With a spatula, scrape yogurt off paper towels into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.