Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
They should be happy, not crabby, since these crab and bacon appetizers are liked so much by so many! (Crab can be canned or fresh.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked crabmeat
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or lemon pepper)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery leaves
- 12 slices bacon
- Mix together all incredients except bacon.
- When thoroughly mixed, shape into 12 finger length rolls. If mixture seems hard to shape, chill before trying again. If it is still difficult, add a bit more bread crumbs.
- Spiral each roll with bacon, fastening with toothpicks. Broil until bacon is crisp, turning as necessary.
- Place on paper towels, remove toothpicks and serve.