Recipe by Mareesme
They should be happy, not crabby, since these crab and bacon appetizers are liked so much by so many! (Crab can be canned or fresh.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup flaked crabmeat
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or lemon pepper)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery leaves
- 12 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all incredients except bacon.
- When thoroughly mixed, shape into 12 finger length rolls. If mixture seems hard to shape, chill before trying again. If it is still difficult, add a bit more bread crumbs.
- Spiral each roll with bacon, fastening with toothpicks. Broil until bacon is crisp, turning as necessary.
- Place on paper towels, remove toothpicks and serve.