Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make and easy to eat too many!
- 3 green onions, chopped into small pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 muffins, halved
- Mix everything except muffins.
- Spread about one generous tablespoon of mixture onto muffin halves.
- Broil for about 5 minutes until cheese gets bubbly.
- Cut each muffin into 4 pieces.
- Serve warm.
This is a excellent appetizer! I saw Seasoned Cook's photos in the photo forum and knew I had to try this recipe. So glad I did. It was very easy to prepare. I did add a dash or two of garlic powder and some Old Bay Seasoning for extra flavor. I thought it kinda needed some salt after trying them so next time I will add a little salt. Thanks for sharing a great appetizer. We loved them! :)
Excellent appy!! I added a dash of garlic to give some zing and I cut each in 6 pieces rather than 4. Great flavor! Thanks for sharing, nvermd. Prepared as a participant of 2008 Appetizer Event in the Cooking Photo Forum.
Lovely easy appetizer that will wow them/ I used a baguette and slices 1/2" sliced, broiled them 8" from the heat. They were brown & bubbly outside and still soft in the center. We enjoyed them - served with a Martini. Thanks for posting nvermd