Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another favorite of mine from "Make It Miami". Again, this is so easy and comes across so well. You can make these several days in advance and they freeze good. I always keep some on hand for anytime we have dinner guests.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) jarsharp cheese spread
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 6 -8 English muffins, split
- Let margarine and cheese soften.
- Mix together with mayonnais, garlic powder and seasonsed salt.
- Add crabmeat.
- Spread on split English muffin.
- Cut into quarters.
- Freeze on a cookie sheet and then store in plastic bags.
- When ready to serve, bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Fixed for lunch today. All 6 of us liked them. Made as written, except did not cut them in quarters. Delicious. Thank you.
My husband loved these, but I found them to be too salty and the cheese to be overpowering for the crab. In the future, I would cut back on the amount of cheese, eliminate the salt, and up the amount of crabmeat. They are a simple appetizer to keep on hand for quick get-togethers. I would need to adjust the flavors a bit, though.
I think these need to be frozen before you bake them. I didn't do that with the first batch and they ran. They tasted good though. I also think next time I will decrease the butter.