Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and simple stir fry using cabbage and imitation crab meat.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped (green or Napa)
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, bite-sized chunks
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a wok, saute onion in oil till soft.
- Add cabbage, stir fry till wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir fry 3-5 minutes till thoroughly heated.
- Serve over steamed rice, chow mein noodles, instant ramen, or angel hair pasta.
This was very good, however I did not use the written amount of five spice. I at least halved it, would have been overkill otherwise. I used green onion and sesame oil, as well as adding a bit of noodles. Keeper for sure!
very tasty and easy to do. I wasn't sure about the combination but I needed to use up both ingredients. I'm glad I tried it because we will enjoy it again. Used Old Bay sesoning in lieu of 5 spice powder and halved the recipe. Otherwise made as posted. it makes a LOT, too. Thanks!
I used napa and regular green cabbage. This was delicious! My son and I enjoyed it very much. I did add a few frozen peas in it, not enough to cook for a full meal but it sure added to this dish. Served over chow mein noodles. I put 1 tsp chinese five spice powder in mine with some pepper. I used about 8 ozs of imitation crab. I will make again. Thanks for posting!