Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Wash apples; remove stem and blossom ends.
- Cover with a water in a large stainless steel or ceramic pot.
- Add washed sprigs of cinnamon or lemon basil.
- Simmer until apples are soft.
- Drain juice over pan; through jelly bag or clean dish towel.
- Bring 4 cups of drained juice (add water to make 4 cups if necessary), to a boil in a very large stainless steel or ceramic pot.
- Add sugar and boil to sheeting stage. (When the drips sheet together on the side of a stainless steel spoon). Skim.
- Pour into sterilized jelly jars.
- Skim again and seal with two thin layers of paraffin, making certain the 2nd one seals the jar to glass edges.
- Yield - about 5 cups of bright red jelly.