Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
An easy, delicious recipe for late summer - early fall.
Make and share this Crabapple Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Wash apples, remove stems and bad spots.
- Combine water and apples in stock pot and cook until soft.
- Strain through a jelly bag to make 7 cups of juice.
- Combine juice and pectin in a large kettle.
- Bring to a full boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar completely, and while stirring return to a full boil.
- Keep stirring while you boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and skim foam from surface.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
This is the exact recipe from the Sure-Jell pectin box. I have tried it several times, but have never been able to get 7 cups of juice.