Hey Jude's Note:
This is a lovely salad that is excellent as a luncheon dish, or for a light summertime dinner. Don' let the long ingredient list scare you....this is easy to put together. This is my version of the crabacado salad recipe I found in the 'Benson & Hedges 100's 100 Recipes from 100 of the Greatest Restaurants' and it's originally from Houlihan's Old Place in Atlanta, Georgia. Cook time is for hard boiling the eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup drained minced capers
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained minced pimiento
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 head leaf lettuce
- 2 chilled ripe avocados, halved,seeded and peeled
- 3/4 lb crabmeat, drained if canned
- 4 chilled tomatoes
- 4 chilled artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 chilled hard-boiled eggs
- 16 chilled whole pitted black olives
- 1In a bowl, blend together mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice and Worcestershire.
- 2Stir in celery, capers, minced egg, pimiento and parsley.
- 4Arrange leaf lettuce on four salad plates.
- 5Place one avocado half on each plate.
- 6Reserve a little crab for garnish and divide remaining between the between the 4 avocado halves, placing the crabmeat in the cavities of the avocadoes.
- 7Spoon a fourth of the dressing over each avocado.
- 8Place one piece of reserved crab on top.
- 9Sprinkle each salad lightly with paprika.
- 10Cut each tomato in half lengthwise.
- 11Place one-half of the tomato on the lettuce at each end of the avocado.
- 12Cut each artichoke heart in half lengthwise and place on each side of the avocado.
- 13Cut each egg in quarter wedges and place on each corner of the salad platter.
- 14Place one black olive alongside each quarter of egg.
- 15Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crabacado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.6
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 320.9 mg
- Sodium 1931.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 33.7 g