Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Taste of Home
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 6 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, crab and onion.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoonful in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten wrapper edges with water; fold in half lengthwise and press firmly to seal.
- Keeping the filling in the center, again fold wonton wrapper lengthwise. Moisten the top of the short edges with water.
- Bring the two top edges from opposite sides together, overlapping the edges; press and seal (finished wonton resembles a nurse's hat).
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inches of oil to 375°.
- Fry wontons for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.