Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These appetizers are sooo delicious! Everyone is always asking for this recipe, even those who don't like crab. This recipe was handed down from my mother, and I don't know where she got it from. I guarantee that if you serve these at your next get together, they will be gobbled up.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagethomas' English muffins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) candrained crabmeat (or a little less than 1/2 lb imitation crabmeat)
- Soften butter and cheese.
- Mix with other ingredients.
- Spread on muffin halves.
- Place on plate and freeze.
- When frozen transfer to zip-lock type bag, and keep in freezer.
- When ready to serve, cut into 4 or 6 triangles from each muffin half, depending on how many people you have.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly brown, about 10 minutes.
I was about to put this recipe on zaar, too! (Mine doesn't have dill in it--only difference!) It is a favorite at our house, I always have some in the freezer. At a party on Sat. I got halfway through the recipe and found I had no crab so I substituted a can of small shrimps--still got raves! Try this--you'll be hooked!
I made a batch of these to keep on hand during the holidays. Everyone has enjoyed them and wants the recipe! I think I will cut back on the butter next time. Thanks for sharing!
I loved the triangles. They were easy and quick to make. The best part was I made a whole batch and was able to put them in the freezer for later. And they still tasted great!