Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
One for the shellfish lovers. Recipe doubles easily.
Make and share this Crab-Topped Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Thaw large shrimp, if frozen.
- To shell fresh or thawed shrimp, open each shell lengthwise down the body.
- Hold the shrimp in one hand and carefully peel back the shell starting with the head end.
- Gently pull on the tail portion of the shell to remove the entire shell.
- Butterfly shrimp by cutting down the back almost but not all the way through; remove vein, and repeat with remaining shrimp- set aside.
- In a small nonmetal bowl microwave sliced green onion and butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 to 1½ minutes or till the green onion is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Toss with flaked crab meat and bread crumbs.
- Spread shrimp open.
- Place cut side up, in a 10-inch oval casserole.
- Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
- Microwave, covered, on 100% power for 45 seconds, rotating the casserole a half-turn once.
- Drain off liquid and rearrange shrimp, placing the least cooked portions to the outside of the casserole, and then spoon crab mixture over shrimp.
- Microwave, covered, on 100% power about 1½ minutes or till shrimp are done and crab mixture is heated through, rotating the casserole a half turn once.
- Serve with lemon wedges.