Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my adopted recipe's and I have made some adjustments and changes with the cooking method, I am hoping that you will enjoy this! :)
- 6 large prawns (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄4 ounces canned crabmeat, Crab meat should be drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- lemon wedge
- Thaw prawns, if frozen.
- To shell fresh or thawed prawns, open each shell lengthwise down the body.
- Hold the prawns in one hand and carefully peel back the shell starting with the head end.
- Gently pull on the tail portion of the shell to remove the entire shell.
- Butterfly prawns by cutting down the back almost but not all the way through; remove vein.
- Repeat with remaining prawns.
- Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small pan, saute green onion in the butter, stir in lemon juice and bottled hot sauce.
- Toss with flaked crab meat and panko bread crumbs.
- Spread prawns open, making sure to have a nice pocket to fill.
- Stuff prawns equally with the crab/breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until prawns are done, cooking time will vary depending on size of prawns.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
This was quite good. I would honestly give this more than 5 stars if I could. I made as directed, except I also added some minced garlic when I sauted the green onion. And I garnished with chopped cilantro as well. Very easy to put together recipe. This is so filing it would be great as a main dish as well as an appy.