Recipe by chia
although the ingredients may sound strange this is really refreshing and delicious!
Top Review by AKillian24
Oh. My. Gosh. I had planned on making shrimp bisque, but ended up using the shrimp for another recipe. I am so glad I didn't have shrimp, because I never would have found this! Amazing!! I actually used half & half instead of cream and tomato sauce for the Clamato because that is what I had. This is the creamiest most amazing soup! A *perfect* beginning to our dinner of steak and pasta!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces crabmeat, divided
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus 3 tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Clamato juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- add 3/4 of the crabmeat, 1/3 c basil, and garlic.
- saute 2 minutes.
- stir in flour, stir for 2 minutes.
- add clam-tomato juice, cream, ketchup, clam juice, old bay and pepper sauce reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes.
- puree soup with an immersion blender (or pour into blender in batches and then return to the pot) add water and lemon juice, simmer.
- season to taste with salt& pepper.
- pour into 6 bowls, garnish with remaining crab and basil.