Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
although the ingredients may sound strange this is really refreshing and delicious!
Make and share this crab tomato bisque recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces crabmeat, divided
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil, plus 3 tbsp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Clamato juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clam juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- add 3/4 of the crabmeat, 1/3 c basil, and garlic.
- saute 2 minutes.
- stir in flour, stir for 2 minutes.
- add clam-tomato juice, cream, ketchup, clam juice, old bay and pepper sauce reduce heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes.
- puree soup with an immersion blender (or pour into blender in batches and then return to the pot) add water and lemon juice, simmer.
- season to taste with salt& pepper.
- pour into 6 bowls, garnish with remaining crab and basil.