Recipe by cookiedog
Imitation crabmeat keeps this dish affordable, but it's even better with the real thing. From TOH Casseroles, Slow Cookers, and Soups.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed (process cheese)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, flaked
- additional paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add process cheese and lemon juice; stir until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and add cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Stir in crab.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.