Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm posting this recipe for my daughter to bring to my pot luck Zaar tapas party. Its from the Greatest Ever Tapas cookbook that she bought for me. I haven't tried this recipe yet!
- 1 tablespoon Spanish olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce dry white wine
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 6 ounces canned crabmeat, well drained
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- prepared tart shells
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add onion & cook for 5 minutes, or until softened but not brown, followed by garlic for another 30 seconds.
- Add a splash of wine & cook for 1 – 2 minutes, or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a large bowl followed by the milk or cream; add the crabmeat, cheese, parsley & the onion mixture.
- Season with nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste; mix well.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into the tart shells, taking care not to overfill them; bake in a preheated 375F oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with fresh dill sprigs.