I'm posting this recipe for my daughter to bring to my pot luck Zaar tapas party. Its from the Greatest Ever Tapas cookbook that she bought for me. I haven't tried this recipe yet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon Spanish olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce dry white wine
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk or 2/3 cup light cream
- 6 ounces canned crabmeat, well drained
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- prepared tart shells
- 1Heat olive oil in a pan; add onion & cook for 5 minutes, or until softened but not brown, followed by garlic for another 30 seconds.
- 2Add a splash of wine & cook for 1 – 2 minutes, or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- 3Lightly whisk the eggs in a large bowl followed by the milk or cream; add the crabmeat, cheese, parsley & the onion mixture.
- 4Season with nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste; mix well.
- 5Carefully spoon the mixture into the tart shells, taking care not to overfill them; bake in a preheated 375F oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with fresh dill sprigs.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Tartlettes
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 69.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g