Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This gives 30 tartlets, enough for 8 people. Recipe can be halves easily.
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 7 ounces crabmeat, thawed
- 30 miniature phyllo cups or 30 miniature tart shells, baked
- Cut roughly cherry tomatoes, put on paper towels and let drain. In the meantime, in a bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, terragon and tabasco. Add crabmeat and mix. Sponge up the tomatoes and add to crab mixture. (You can prepare this step in advance, cover it, and put it in the fridge until next day).
- If you want, put miniature phyllo cups on a baking sheet and heat in a preheated oven of 250 F for about 5 minutes. Put the phyllo cups in a serving plate and garnish each phyllo cups with about 1 teaspoon of crab mixture.
These are so good! I used a can of crabmeat because I couldn't find frozen crabmeat - except for imitation crabmeat. I put 4 oz. of cream cheese in mine in addition to the mayo and served them warm and bubbly. I used a pastry bag and large tip to pipe the filling into the shells to the job easier and less messy. They were gone in seconds!!! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
Delicious and quick to make. I did sub cream cheese and a table spoon or two of sour cream with some pepper too for the mayo as Dh won't eat it - and made a half batch. I got 18 cups out of it - and baked them for 8 minutes. Delightful!! Thank you for posting a great appy! **Made for Beverage Tag 2007**