Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Aunt Kate spotted this recipe for me. I can't wait to try it! Although the recipe calls for taco shells, I'll probably use warmed soft corn tortillas or tostada shells. From Sunset Kitchen Cabinet.
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 large jalapeno chiles, halved, seeded, and sliced, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces shelled cooked crab
- 8 taco shells (see Notes) or 8 tortillas (see Notes)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Put tomatoes, garlic, half of the jalapeño, 1/4 cup cilantro, and the lime juice in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set salsa aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion and remaining jalapeño until soft, 4 minutes.
- Add crab and cook just until crab is warm, about 2 minutes.
- Put taco shells or tortillas on a baking pan and warm in oven, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter and fill with crab mixture, dividing evenly.
- Top crab with lettuce, cheese, and avocado.
- Sprinkle tacos with green onion and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Serve immediately, with salsa on the side or on top.