Don't make this salad unless it's hot outside; the unusual mix of ingredients is ultra refreshing. I originally got this recipe from the wonderful mailing list at worldwiderecipes.com, though I have altered it a bit to my own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat, picked over (or use chopped surimi)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and chopped (if using surimi, chop it and the melon in approximately equally-sized pieces)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, finely chopped
- 1Put the crab meat or surimi, lime juice, rice, mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt and pepper into a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- 2Add the melon and stir gently until combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to several hours.
- 3Serve on a bed of lettuce -- or mix the lettuce in with the rest of the salad before serving.
- 4Step 1 can be done the day before serving, if desired, and the mixture stored in the refrigerator.
- 5This makes 2 or 3 main dish servings or 5 or 6 side salad servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab (Surimi) and Melon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 490.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: