Recipe by CatlingMex
Don't make this salad unless it's hot outside; the unusual mix of ingredients is ultra refreshing. I originally got this recipe from the wonderful mailing list at worldwiderecipes.com, though I have altered it a bit to my own taste.
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat, picked over (or use chopped surimi)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and chopped (if using surimi, chop it and the melon in approximately equally-sized pieces)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups lettuce, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the crab meat or surimi, lime juice, rice, mayonnaise, sour cream, and salt and pepper into a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add the melon and stir gently until combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to several hours.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce -- or mix the lettuce in with the rest of the salad before serving.
- Step 1 can be done the day before serving, if desired, and the mixture stored in the refrigerator.
- This makes 2 or 3 main dish servings or 5 or 6 side salad servings.