Elegant enough for company - so good and easy you'll want to make it all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For crab stuffing and fish
- 4 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise (not low-fat)
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (4 ounce) gray sole fillets
For garlic bread crumbs
- 1Prepare stuffing and fish:.
- 2Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3Mix crab, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Lay sole fillets flat with darker side up and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Divide stuffing among fillets, mounding on thicker half of each.
- 6Fold thinner half of fillet over stuffing, tucking end under to form a packet.
- 7Arrange stuffed fillets in a lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- 8Cover with a round of parchment paper, then cover pie plate tightly with foil.
- 9Bake in upper third of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 10Make bread crumbs while sole is baking: Cook garlic in oil in a small skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 11Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat, then stir in zest and season with salt and pepper.
- 13Transfer sole to plates and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Stuffed Sole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g