Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Elegant enough for company - so good and easy you'll want to make it all the time.
Make and share this Crab Stuffed Sole recipe from Food.com.
For crab stuffing and fish
- 4 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise (not low-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (4 ounce) gray sole fillets
For garlic bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fine fresh breadcrumb (preferably from a baguette)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- Prepare stuffing and fish:.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix crab, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay sole fillets flat with darker side up and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide stuffing among fillets, mounding on thicker half of each.
- Fold thinner half of fillet over stuffing, tucking end under to form a packet.
- Arrange stuffed fillets in a lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- Cover with a round of parchment paper, then cover pie plate tightly with foil.
- Bake in upper third of oven until just cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Make bread crumbs while sole is baking: Cook garlic in oil in a small skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then stir in zest and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer sole to plates and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
This was very bland for our tastes. The stuffing didn't seem quite right. The fish cooked well though and this recipe was the first sole I've cooked, so I'm glad to have tried it!
Deborah, this is so good! It such a breeze to pull together. I used basa as my fish. No other changes were made. DH and DS loved stuffed fish but hate when it is heavily breaded. As soon as I saw this recipe I knew it would be a winner!