Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Best tasting with all fresh ingredients... it's to die for.. Two shrimp is a meal
- 20 large shrimp (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- slit shrimp down the center to open butterfly style.
- melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- cook mushrooms, stirring constantly until liquid evaporates, cool.
- place crab in large mixing bowl.
- Add mushrooms, egg, scallions, parsley, sherry, oregano, salt, pepper, crumbs, and enough cream to bind mixture.
- fill the open part of each shrimp with a heaping portion of crab mixture.
- arrange shrimp, stuffed side up, in a baking dish.
- sprinkle with cheese and remaining butter, melted.
- bake 15 minutes.