Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe for seafood lovers. If two cups of crab meat is over your budget you can use 1 c. of crab and 1 cup of shredded sealegs... but why not splurge!! =)
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can plum tomatoes, in juice,chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook pasta shells according to the package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Sauce: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red pepper, and oregano and lower heat to medium-low.
- Cover the pan and simmer the mixture 15 min.
- Stir in the salt.
- Combine crab, ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
- Stuff each pasta shell with some of the ricotta mixture.
- Lay the stuffed shells in a baking dish Add tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Bake 20 min or so until sauce is bubbly.
not bad but i think it needed a white wine and seafood based sauce rather than the tomato sauce. but all in all.. not bad. :)