Recipe by Denise Morris
This works great as an appetizer to a meal or as a sidedish. The blue cheese brings a nice rich flavor. Its gourmet food in your own kitchen
Top Review by Bill A.
This is very easy to make and has a very elegant taste due to the blue cheese and crab. I used canned crab meat which is less pronounced than the imitation crab. The lady I made these for loved them. I did substitute dry white wine for the water and mixed the oil and wine into the filling rather than sprinkling over. Since I wanted an appetizer instead of a side dish, I used two boxes of baby bellas and chopped several of the stems into the mix as well.
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (can use imitation)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 -3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 -5 portabella mushrooms (can also use baby bellas)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Remove stems of portabellas and scrape off the brown underside.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add onion and garlic until the onion is tender.
- Turn off the stove and add crabmeat, italian seasoning, parmeasean cheese, blue cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Stuff the mushrooms, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Mix the olive oil and water together and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
- Bake 20-25 minutes serve while hot.